Thursday, July 3, 2014

Daily Painting | Mixed Media Abstract | Contemporary Art | Metallic Movement by Carol Schiff | 6x12x1.5" Acrylic

This is one of my favorite pieces....an abstract poured paint piece.  I poured several colors of acrylic, including some metallic colors, over the canvas.  Then the fun began as I tried to manipulate the canvas to help the paint flow into a pleasing design.

purchase here
195 with free shipping


That probably sounds very easy, but I beg to differ.  It is VERY messy and very difficult to do.  When I would move the paint where I wanted it in one area, another area was destroyed!  I have the utmost respect for artists, like Kimberly Conrad, who do this routinely.

detail
The metallic gold really catches the light and makes it special.



 I did two similar pieces, using the same colors.



detail

I usually end up tossing these out, or try to use them as an under painting, as the seldom feel like successful pieces to me.  It has been some time since I tried this....I think I am ready to give it another try,






www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention, you can still use the paint that drips off of the painting onto plastic. It peels right off and is great for collage.

    ReplyDelete

Hi,

Thank you for viewing my work. I appreciate your comments.