Sunday, June 5, 2016

Dogwood Painting, Flower Painting, Small Oil Painting, Daily Painting, 6x8 Oil painting on panel

YES!  I am still painting flowers and lovin' it.  This one gave me lots of trouble, but in the end, I think I pulled it off.  It is not my usual painting, so I would love to hear your input.

NFS
I call this my semi impressionist, semi abstracted piece.  I painted with  oil and added lots of medium to make the colors translucent.  Of course, I added all my favorite hues, whether I saw them or not.

detail


I decided to reuse a panel with a not so perfect painting on it, but instead of sanding it down, I allowed all the texture from the previous painting to show through.  I like this idea and have used it several times since.  This one was all about trial and error, but, in the end.....it made me feel good!



Have a blessed day!



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for viewing my work. I appreciate your comments.