Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Playing with Alcohol Inks, Abstract Floral, Daily Painting, Flower art

 

This is what an oil painter does, when she is in a slump!

6x8"

For reasons that are too boring to talk about, I have found myself in an oil painting slump.

When I came to Florida, for three months this winter, I purposely left my oil painting supplies at home.  I brought pastels, watercolors, alcohol inks, etc.  My plan was to force myself to paint with media that was unfamiliar and  awaken my creative juices.  When I was back in the swing of things, I would once again turn to my oils.

Soooo, I created this little piece, for a challenge.  The challenge was to use metallic colored pencils in a composition.  The pencils are not saturated colors and the metallic aspect of them is not strong, so I decided to do a mixed media piece.  

This is a combination of the pencils, alcohol inks, and a black sharpie pen.  The hash marks are from the metallic pencils.  The sharpie, should have been a wider tip, but I used what I had.  

I found it to be a frustrating and fascinating project.  Successful?  Maybe not.  But it got me back in the art mode, and I plan to work from here.  I already caught myself thinking "I wish I had my oils here", so perhaps my little plot it working.  In any case, I am happy I spent a few hours experimenting.

Carol Schiff


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for viewing my work. I appreciate your comments.