Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Dolphin Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting

 

 Years ago, I painted a dolphin after visiting the Florida Keys.  When our local art club announced a contest, I decided to enter.




The idea was to submit a design that could be re-created as a mosaic, which would then be embedded in the sidewalk of the local art district.


Since I live on the coast of Florida, I thought this dolphin painting would be perfect.  Apparently I was correct because I won the contest.  


I have never attempted mosaic but have always had a desire to try.  Now I will be working with an accomplished mosaic artist to complete my mosaic.  The idea that it will be embedded in the sidewalk for hopefully many years is very appealing to me.  Wish me luck as I attempt this new procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

Thank you for viewing my work. I appreciate your comments.